By leaving or sending goods to our repair shop, you are hereby accepting our terms and conditions.
We do not accept any responsibility for loss of data caused by the repair process. If possible you should back up your device beforehand.
If further faults are found from the original diagnostic, or if a part goes faulty whilst under inspection, additional costs may occur, or the device could be deemed unrepairable.
Software licenses have to be registered and are therefore excluded from any warranty. Repairing infections such as viruses will not come with any warranty if you get further infections after it leaves our repair shop.
If an item goes faulty, it may need to be returned to the manufacturer. Products will be replaced with the same or equivalent. Deposits are required to secure parts and may not be fully refundable.
If goods are not collected within 6 months of completion, they will be disposed of unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Our work is guaranteed for 30 days unless otherwise stated.
Replacement screens are covered against faults for 30 days. If a screen is returned cracked, it will not be covered under warranty.
Remote Login Key Terms
The following terms apply to our Remote Login Tech Support Servicet: Remote Fix (“Remote Fix”) service. Please take the time to read and understand them. If you have any questions,
then please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
- Availability: Our specialist advisors provide advice and help and will be available from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) between 9am and 5:30pm.
- How to contact us: You can contact us by calling: 01619770107 if you have any questions about or issues with our service.
- Who can be advised: We can only advise individuals that have a paid subscription to this service.
- Details of your call: Calls to and from the Mel’s Computer Care may be recorded for quality, training and monitoring purposes.
- The accuracy of our advice and the fix we provide depends on the accuracy and completeness of the facts you convey to us, so please take care to ensure you tell us everything that you think may be relevant to your query. We may ask you questions during a call in order to understand your problem better, please try to answer these questions as fully as possible.
What we can help you with
- Computing advice and Remote Fix A member of our team of specialist advisors will provide you with an advice call. After using a link to download the necessary software the adviser will access your computer in an attempt to fix the problem you have called regarding.
- We can help in relation to a number of issues including:
- Help with email issues;
- Software problems;
iii. Operating system updates;
- Security questions;
- Dealing with viruses;
- System or internet slowdown; and
vii. Driver updates.
- What we cannot do
- We are unable to help in relation to:
- Web programming;
- Small business assistance or consultancy;
iii. Detailed advanced tuition on every item of software; and
vii. Hardware fixes if the problem is physical.
Using our service
- You can request your appointment for remote access computing help any time after making payment for the Remote Access service. When you request your call we will arrange for you to be called back. We will always let you know when to expect your call back. You will have the ability to terminate this remote access session at any time.
- Mel’s Computer Care will not be responsible as a result of any damage or financial loss as a result of the remote access session.
- Broadband Internet connection is required for Remote Fix. ISP subscription is not included with this service.
Things that you agree
- You agree that you will not use Mel’s Computer Care Tech Support in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- likely to damage the reputation of Mel’s Computer Care
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person;
- is defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- will or is likely to infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- You confirm you are over 18 years old or otherwise have the express permission of your parent or guardian to use the service.
- Whilst our team will use reasonable skill and care to resolve problems you have referred to us, you accept that we may not be able to correct your problem using our remote support service due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event that it is not possible, we will discuss alternative methods with you in order to resolve your problem.
- General exclusions and limitations:
- We cannot:
- Review or draft any documents on your behalf;
- Guarantee you will speak to a particular specialist adviser; or
iii. Advise, assist or complete any action where this would be in breach of the law or applicable regulations.
- Suspension or termination of your use of the Remote Access service
- Where we think you are misusing the Remote Access service, we may suspend the provision of advice or assistance until such matter is resolved. In serious cases or in the case of repeated misuse or where we cannot resolve the matter with you, we may refuse you future access to the Remote Access service or any other services we offer. Examples of misuse include, but are not limited to, being abusive to our staff or other inappropriate behaviour, using the service for illegal or improper purposes.
- If you are in serious breach of these terms and conditions, we may take appropriate action. This may include suspension or termination of your use of the Remote Access service. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund of the payment you made to use the Remote Access service. Mel’s Computer Care takes our responsibility to comply with the law seriously, therefore, in the event that you are utilising the service for illegal purposes or Mel’s Computer Care become aware of information on your computer that shows your involvement in any illegal activity, Mel’s Computer Care reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities and disclose information pertaining to the illegal act. Mel’s Computer Care does not accept liability for any losses, financial or otherwise, you may suffer in the event of such a disclosure being made.
What can you do if we don’t comply with these terms?
- If we are in serious breach of these terms and conditions, you may be entitled to a full refund of the payment you made to use our services in the current subscription period.